Our heart’s cry this evening was to hear God’s voice. “Speak to us, O Lord! Make your will known to us.”
Riètte received the following:
“I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live; that you may love the Lord your God, that you may obey His voice, and that you may cling to Him, for He is your life and the length of your days.” (Deuteronomy 30:19-20a)
God has given us a choice. We can either choose to follow Him and His will for our lives, or we can choose to run and manage our own lives. It is the same choice every human being on the face of the earth is faced with.
What does our choice entail?
1. We will Love Him as our God
1. We will Love Him as our God
2. We will obey His voice
3. We will cling to Him
What is the reward?
1. Both of us and our descendents will live. It’s a promise that extends to our children and our children’s children and onward through the generations to follow.
2. We will enjoy a long life. And we fully expect this life to be fruitful, healthy and joyous.
How powerful is that?!?
“You will keep him in perfect peace, whose min is stayed on You, because he trusts in You.” (Isaiah 26:3)
God promises us PERFECT PEACE, no matter what our circumstances might be, no matter what the future might bring, no matter what the world or the ruler of this world throws at us.
Then, Andrew received a special Word:
“Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me.” (Revelation 3:20)
Tonight we came knocking at God’s door, wanting to hear His voice, but in reality He has been patiently waiting for us, desiring to have a personal relationship with us.
The following thoughts came to mind, and we submit these ideas to Him for confirmation. We fully expect God to continue to reveal His will to us.
- Andrew has a call on his life for ministry. Andrew stated that he feels at the age of 42, “if this is all there is, then it will be a terrible waste.” He obviously strongly feels that there is more for Him to do to further God’s Kingdom. He led bible studies in South Africa and started walking in a special calling there. He has been in a time and season of transition to the United States, and beginning a family. However, now that the kids are out of the baby phase and he is established in his work, he is beginning to feel a strong desire to be more active for the Lord.
- Riètte confirmed that in her heart she knows there is a call on Andrew’s life. She feels her role will be in a supportive capacity and NOT in leadership. Her ministry lies at home, ministering to Andrew’s needs, training the children, homeschooling, and building the publishing business.
- God doesn’t necessarily use a person based on his talents. God does not call the equipped. He equips the called.
- Andrew’s ministry might include our son. The Alert Cadets which they will join in 2013, might be the launching pad and preparatory environment in which Andrew’s ministry and skills start to blossom.
- Andrew’s work environment is a rich mission field. We could ask God to lay specific people on Andrew’s heart, and begin interceding for them, asking for a word of utterance to be given to Andrew, and that his sensitivity to the Holy Spirit’s guidance will be increased.
O Lord! We praise You for Your mercy and grace towards us!
You are the Holy One, the One True God, the Apha and the Omega!
We commit ourselves to You.